How To Pick The Perfect Event Venue
It’s your time. That special someone proposed, your boss put you in charge of planning the company Christmas party, or you’re in charge of securing the location for next year’s family reunion. You have a major event to plan, so where do you begin? There are about 5 million details to consider when selecting an event venue (that’s a rough estimate, you get the picture—it can be a lot of work), but we are event pros here at The Ballroom at Bayou Place. And we’re here to make your life a whole lot easier. Whether you need to snag a spot for a gigantic corporate event or for an intimate birthday party, we have got you covered. Here are the top six major details to remember before booking the venue for that upcoming event in your life.
1. Location, location, location. The setting is not only the visual backdrop for your event, but it also sets the tone and ambience for your guests. You want a centrally located venue that’s easy for both guests and vendors to get to, which is why The Ballroom is an ideal spot. Set smack in the middle of Houston’s Theater District, it is downtown Houston’s largest private event space. Gorgeous floor-to-ceiling windows show off striking views of the Houston skyline, and vast balconies allow guests to mix and mingle outside if desired. Plus, the configurable space is more than 15,000 square feet and can fit more than 1,000 guests, opening a world of possibilities for the event of your dreams. Easy to get to: check. Beautiful urban surroundings: check. What more could you want in an event environment?
2. Full service is the best service. A full-service event venue can cover and coordinate several details in-house that might otherwise be a hassle, such as catering, alcohol services, setup and breakdown, marketing, and event décor and design. Instead of seeking out 57 different vendors for food, drinks, bartending, flowers, linens, branding assistance, chairs, tables, and on and on and on, full-service venues (like The Ballroom) can handle all of that for you. We have more than a dozen premiere catering companies that are pre-approved to work with us, but just in case clients want to bring in a different caterer, we are always more than happy to consider them.
3. Do your homework. You want a venue that has a staff of seasoned employees who know what you need and want before you even know what you need and want. As industry veterans, our team at The Ballroom have years of experience. We’ve been a part of events for luxury companies, like The Ritz Carlton and Cirque du Soleil, which are famous for their impressive shows and set-ups. We even have professionals who have worked four Super Bowls, which is a feat in itself.
4. Consider EVERYTHING (yes, even parking). We’ve all been to a wedding that’s two-and-a-half hours outside of the nearest town and is only accessible via gravel backroads and parking in a field. As stunning as those barnyard nuptials can be, it’s no walk in the park for guests. At The Ballroom at Bayou Place, not only is it centrally located in downtown Houston and, hence, easy for everyone to get to, but also parking is stress-free. Guests have access to valet parking, plus the venue sits atop a 4,000-space Theater District garage that has elevator access directly into the venue.
5. Make it easy on your guests. Again, an event is only as successful as the least happy guest. So, make sure your guests have a blast by selecting a venue that’s easy to find, offers incredible customer service, and caters to your (and your guests’) every need. At The Ballroom, our staff is here for you. From setup to mid-event to post-event cleanup, our in-house team is ready and able to jump in and help with anything you and your guests might need.
6. Don’t sweat the small stuff. An event is supposed to be fun, and we strive to make the planning process just that, too. From audio-visual coordination to décor, someone from our team is here to help with just about anything and everything so that you can enjoy your event just as much as your guests.
If you’re interested in visiting us at The Ballroom at Bayou Place, contact us here! We look forward to meeting you!